Denny's: The Best of Western Breakfast?

    Asian cuisine has been the big focus of the blog as of now, so I explored different restaurants and expanded my knowledge of other cultures. I wanted to try a western-style meal, and I also wanted to try breakfast items instead of my usual dinner choices. 
    Over the weekend, I went to Denny's for breakfast. I won't lie, I was not expecting much because I visited during rush hour, and I am not the biggest enjoyer of Western food. However, Denny's shockingly exceeded my expectations.


     Here is the Denver Omelette, made with ham, roasted bell peppers, onions, and a slice of American cheese, all covered with three eggs. This menu item even comes with a side of hash browns and toast slices. One thing is for sure; Denny's is extremely generous with their portion sizes. I reckon that this single plate contains well over 1000 calories. Secondly, the taste was also very nice. The Omelette had an effective contrast from the savoury taste of the meat, the moist and melty texture from the cheese, and a nice fresh scent from the vegetables. Every bite felt rich in flavour, and the addition of toast and hash browns was like the cherry on top. 


    Here is the cinnamon roll pancakes, consisting of two pancakes made with cinnamon crust crumbs and topped with cream cheese icing. The pancake menu is full of variety with over 5 different options, each with its distinct flavour and theme. Although the pancake was somewhat dry, the portion sizes were enough to fill my stomach. 
    Ultimately, my experience at Denny's compelled me to endeavour further into my food journey. I will definitely visit more restaurants that have strong breakfast menus. Moreover, Denny's also transformed my outlook on western-style family restaurants, and I will have a higher expectation for them next time. 

Comments